I finished another pair of fingerless gloves for myself. I tried out a braided cable for the first time, which involves holding stitches both in back and in front of the row (as opposed to regular cables where you just hold stitches in front). Once I had the cable pattern mastered, I made my own fingerless glove pattern as I went along. I know that 48 stitches with my set of double-pointed needles makes a perfect wrist size, so from there I wrote out as I went along what I was doing, so that for the second one I would be able to make it symmetrical. This is what my completed "pattern" looks like. I'm sure it's impossible to follow for anyone but me, but it got the job done!
It lists the 4 main parts of the pattern-
Rows 1-3: purl 2, knit 12, purl 2
Row 4: purl 2, hold 4 stitches in back, knit 4, knit 4 from cable needle, knit 4, purl 2
Rows 4-6: purl 2, knit 12, purl 2
Row 7: purl 2, knit 4, hold 4 in front, knit 4, knit 4 from cable needle, purl 2
Repeat these rows and voila! You have a braided cable. The check marks are how I keep count of which row I was on. I added ribbing to the start and finish to keep the yarn from curling up and that was that.
Here is the final product and a close-up of the cables.
No comments:
Post a Comment